What comes to mind when you think about chicken salad? Throw in chicken, mayonnaise with whatever else? Bland? I never really liked chicken salad until now. This recipe has the perfect blend of flavors!
Roasting a Whole Chicken
I love roasting a chicken and veggies, just as if I’m going to have it as a meal. In fact, this week had roasted chicken and veggies as a meal, and I was left with 1 1/2 lbs of chicken to make the salad with. When using a whole chicken, you get a lot of meat including a blend of delicious dark meat. For more step-by-step instructions on how to roast a chicken, click here. After roasting a few chickens and removing the meat, it’ll become easier as you learn the anatomy of the chicken.
Tip: Don’t put it in the refrigerator before removing the meat. The meat will become stubborn and difficult to pull from the bone.
The other secret to good chicken salad is lemon juice and enough spices. If you aren’t happy with your cooking in general, learn some tips on how to season food well. It really makes it or breaks it!
- Whole Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 2 Sliced Stalks Celery
- 4 Sliced Green Onions
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Cup Sliced Red Grapes
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Ground Orgegano or Seasoning Blend (to taste)
- Roast whole chicken per instructions or use a pre-roasted chicken.
- Remove all chicken meat from the bone.
- Chop chicken. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Enjoy on a bed of lettuce or between two pieces of bread!
- Add / Remove ingredients based on your personal preference.