When I’m trying to eat gluten and dairy free, I strive to change things up so I don’t get bored and end up hating food I once loved. Has this happened to you before? You’re going strong on a ‘diet’ and then if you see one more ____, you’re going to hurl. Well, this breakfast creation came from wanting something different but still needing something filling.
Okay, don’t laugh! Or do… because I have NO idea if this is something people make or if it’s called something else. When I google ‘hashbowl’, I do not get food recipes. So, let me clarify. This recipe is a breakfast bowl of hashbrowns, eggs, meat, and veggies. Not only is it yummy, it’s also fairly cost effective!
To avoid any additives, you will need to grate a fresh potato. For best results, do this right before cooking; otherwise potatoes brown or need soaking. As a time saver, I do buy hashbrowns from the freezer section and place in the refrigerator to thaw out the night before.
- Hashbrowns (thawed)
- Sausage or Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- Sliced Pepper
- 1/2 Sliced Sweet Onion
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Cook the sausage or bacon in a skillet or oven.
- Remove the meat and use the left-over grease in a cast-iron skillet.
- Over medium, cook and handful of hashbrowns on one half of the skillet.
- Add butter to the other side of the pan and saute the peppers and onions.
- Flip the hashbrowns.
- Add eggs to the pan & cover the pan for about 1 minute.
- Carefully flip the eggs to ensure the white is cooked.
- Season to taste.
- Remove contents from the pan into a bowl, add the meat and enjoy!